top of page

OUR LADY OF CHARITY SCHOOL WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Dear Parents, We’ve placed a Catholic Relief Services rice bowl in each classroom in which students may place a few coins each day. These Lenten alms go to alleviate hunger and poverty around the world and in the U.S.: 75% percent of the funds collected support CRS’ international programs, and the other 25% of gifts remain here in the Archdiocese where they are given to alleviate hunger and poverty locally. This is a great way for your child to practice charity and almsgiving right here at school.

The 2nd trimester Honor Roll assembly for students in grades 4 - 8 will follow our 1:00 Mass on Thurs, Mar 17. Parents are invited to join us.

Tax Credit Scholarship: Join us for a statewide legislative call to action. OLC is looking for parents to join us on a trip to Springfield on Thursday, March 31 (previously scheduled for Mar. 17). We will meet with state representatives to discuss the Tax Credit Scholarship. We will gather in the school parking lot at 6am. Contact Ms. Candelaria Rosales if you are interested in participating.

Popcorn Fundraiser: Our Double Good popcorn fundraiser begins this coming Monday; details were sent out yesterday. All families are required to sell $100 of popcorn. This is our last mandatory fundraiser of the school year.

Students may wear green on Fri., Mar. 18 (and come out of uniform), to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Traditionally, green represents the Catholics of Ireland, and St. Patrick is thought to have used green shamrocks to teach people about the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit).

The Way of the Cross: if you would like to participate in a live OLC Way of the Cross procession on Good Friday, a group of parishioners is meeting in Halpin Hall at 7pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to rehearse. Students in grades 4 - 8 are welcome. Stop by the Hall for more information; ask for Mr. Garcia.

OLC tuition rates for 2022-2023: 1 student: $5956 2 students: $9206 3 students: $12,094 4 students: $ 14,214 Get VIRTUS training to volunteer: Go to our website for info: olc-school.org


Important dates:

Monday, March 14: no school Wednesday, March 16: early dismissal; 30 minutes before the regular time Friday, March 25: no school; staff development day Monday, March 28: no school (please note that this non-attendance day for students is not on the school calendar) Friday, April 15 - Sunday, April 24: no school; Easter break


Yours in Christ, Frank S. Zárate, Jr.,

Ed.D. Principal (708) 652-0262

fzarate@olc-school.org

33 views

Recent Posts

See All

OLC NEWSLETTER

April 5, 2024 Dear Parents, After spending weeks in prayer, fasting, and service during Lent, it may seem odd to your children that we don’t have widely similar practices for Easter. That doesn’t mean

Our Lady of Charity Newsletter

March 5, 2024 Dear Parents, Report cards go home tomorrow. Be sure to ask for them. The Father-Daughter Dance that we had for Valentine’s Day was a hit, and many of you have asked me about a mother-so

OLC Music NEWSLETTER

January/February 2024 General Info This newsletter is meant to keep you up to date on our progress in music class. Aer a successful Christmas concert and what I hope was a restful holiday season for a

Comments


bottom of page